We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Homemade and natural tricks to eliminate bad smell from pipes
Homemade tips to end bad odors without expensive products or chemicals
Both the sink, the shower or the washing machine give off unpleasant odors in many cases and in many cases they become a nightmare to eliminate. How to remove the bad smell from the pipe?
Why does the pipe smell?
It is very simple, a lot of waste, food scraps, toothpastes, makeups pass through the pipes daily, hairs slip through ... and everything that we neglect and go down the drain. Well, the remedy is to thoroughly clean the pipe with some of these
1. Potion to eliminate bad odors from pipes
- 100 grams of baking soda
- 200 milliliters of normal vinegar (white vinegar)
- Half a liter of water a little hot (not boiling)
Steps for this remedy against odors:
- Step 1: Heat the water
- Step 2: Mix the baking soda with the water and vinegar.
- Step 3: Pour into the pipe
- Step 4: Leave the pipe for half an hour without passing anything, not even water. Let it rest.
2. Coffee to remove bad smell from pipes
Every time we make coffee in the melita or in the Italian coffee maker, we throw away the remains of the wet coffee and it is a serious mistake. Well, even if the pipes don't smell, flushing the coffee down the drain every day will help prevent odors.
This is an ancient remedy, when many of the pipe cleaning products that we know today did not exist. The method is:
- Coffee from the coffee maker or filter, already cold, we take it to the laundry room.
- We drop the coffee into the drain and little by little, each time we turn on the water, the coffee will strain and drag whatever has remained in the walls of the pipes.
3. Caustic Soda: an ancient and effective remedy against bad odors in pipes
It is a classic, we may have always heard of it but it has never occurred to us when bad smells appeared. I'm talking about the caustic soda. WATCH OUT!! It is very toxic and you have to be careful when using it, it is not a game.
It is a very strong product and drags all the dirt from the pipes, taking with it the residues that are stored in the walls and wells causing unpleasant odors.
How to use caustic soda to remove bad smell from pipes?
Important: Pipes certain materials do not support caustic soda, so be careful and verify that you can use this product in each.
- Step 1: We protect ourselves. Gloved hands and mask lungs.
- Step 2: Dissolve soda in water.
- Step 3: It is thrown down the pipe
4. Fresh baker's yeast: a slower and more effective remedy against bad odors
Use baker's yeast!! Yes, that's right ... the effect of the yeast makes the pipes clean in 10 or 12 hours. It's simple, the only thing we have to bear in mind is that the method is slower and that is why we don't have to use that pipe for about half a day.
To use this method what we do is:
- Step 1: Dilute the yeast in warm water.
- Step 2: We pour into the pipe at night.
- Step 3: We leave between 10 and 12 hours resting. (don't use that tap).
5. Lemon juice for bad smells
Before the smell gets worse, the lemon acid will help us eliminate that unpleasant smell. We squeeze a juice and occasionally pour this juice down the drain, thus ensuring that the acid in this fruit carries the residue with it.
Lemon is also used for the smells in the refrigerators. If we leave a lemon cut in half in the fridge, we prevent it from getting musty smells and so on.
Important: Before all this, it is good that we see that the siphon is clean or that the smell is not due to lime encrusted in pipes.
For example, the smell in a dishwasher can be caused by lime, the filter or the drain line. That is why it is interesting from time to time to add products against limescale and others. Prevention is better than cure!!
- Cleaning a house
- Step by step how to clean a kitchen
- Cockroaches at home, remedies to end them
- How to remove bad smell from shoes