We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
(See on our Cornwall map on Google Map)
England, United Kingdom)
Best places in Cornwall
If you are traveling around Cornwall there are many interesting sites. Excellent coastal scenery, good restaurants where you can eat fish, attractions, natural parks… Today it is one of the most attractive tourist centers in the United Kingdom.
Situated in the extreme south-west of England, many tourists arrive in Plymouth by ferry, but quickly make their way to other parts of the UK, not realizing that the Cornish lands have inspired many writers and its tourist resources are of the greatest interest. It is the duchy held by Camilla Mountbatten-Windsor, wife of the Prince of Wales and of which we offer an emergency guide.
Cornwall offers all the coastal contrasts, in the south with wide sandy beaches and in the north with imposing cliffs, caves and small ports and fishing villages that frequently attract tourists and artists from abroad and from the United Kingdom (St Yves, Fowey ...)
Places of Interest to Visit - South Cornwal
-Special attractions for children (also of interest to adults):
- Edem Project (St Austell): An educational project inspired by the need to make man understand the importance of the natural environment. A spectacular and instructive amusement park. See Edem Projet on Google Maps. Photos Edem Project.
- Monkey Sanctuary (Looe) Initiative for the survival and well-being of monkeys. See Monkey Sanctuary on Google Maps.
- Newquay Zoo (Newquay) the only zoo in Cornwall, set on over 10 acres of beautiful tropical gardens and rich and exciting wildlife. See Newquay Zoo on Google Maps.
- Blue Reef Aquarium (Newquay) Walking through the sea in 250,000 liters of water, this aquarium offers a fantastic view of marine life. See Blue Reef Aquarium on Google Maps.
-The Lost Garden of Heligan (St Austell): One of the most important recovery projects in Europe in terms of the historical recovery of gardens and their historical mysteries. See The Lost Garden of Heligan on Google Maps.
- Land’s End (Lands End). One of the most famous scenery on the Cornwall coast has a Visitor Center, et. See Lands End location on Google Maps.
- Fowey and St Catherine’s Castle (Fowey). The town of Fowey and the remains of the castle - a fort built by Henry VIII to defend the port of Fowey.
- St Mawes Castle (St Mawes) a formidable castle of Henry VII now integrated in subtropical gardens. The castle was built in 1540-1544, opposite Pendennis Castle (Pendennis Castle) forming both artillery forts to protect this area strategy from French and Spanish Catholic invasion.
- Restormel Castle (Lostwithiel) situated on a hill on the River Fowey, a mile and a half north of Lostwithiel. The Normans probably built the castle around 1,100, later replaced in the 13th century.
- Launceston Castle (Launceston) From the castle, on the top of a mound one dominates beautiful ones. This Castle was the last symbol of the wealth and power of the Middle Ages and an impressive and strategic construction to control the crossing of the river to enter and leave Cornwall.
- Tintagel Castle. Legendary castle of King Arthur with spectacular location on top of a cliff and connected to land formed by a narrow stretch of land. After centuries most of the Castle fell into the sea and today only small restps remain, but it is worth going up and being part of the castle.
- St Michael’s Mount (Penzance). 14th century castle, home of the St Aubyn family.
-Historical and stately homes in Cornwall:
- Cotehele House (Saltash). One of the finest medieval historic houses in the county of Cornwall.
- Edgcumbe House and Country Park (Torpoint Mount) Edgcumbe is an incredible Tudor house of the Earls of Mount Edgcumbe. The house is located on a peninsula that extends into the River Tamar, providing spectacular views of Plymouth Sound, one of the most beautiful natural harbors in England, from Edgcumbe and its surroundings.
- Anthony House (Torpoint) Magnificent mansion with 25 acres of landscaped gardens and parkland.
- Lanhydrock House (Bodmin) one of the beautiful country houses in Cornwall.
Topics related to the Cornwall Guide:
- UK for kids
- Historic houses in the UK